Saturday, January 4, 2014

A lighter look at Twenty Thirteen

And now for something a little lighter than my last post...

Photos!

Here is 2013 in a photo-shell.

January:
Ashley and Meghan and I got up early and hiked up Steamboat Point.






 We celebrated Mardi Gras with an official King's Cake from Meghan's parents in Louisiana.
King's cake.

February:

I left my job at the Sidewalk Cafe and began working as a reporter at The Sheridan Press. 

 Me and Heather on my last day. I miss her.



March:
Finally met my dashing nephew, Cable! 



 My niece, Maria, feeds the ducks. 


April:
Spent time with some of the most lovely, wonderful friends a girl could ask for.

 My best friend Lindsey and I went to a ladies retreat and enjoyed time together. 

 I ate at one of my favorite restaurants with two of my best girl friends: Sarah and Becky.

 Sarah and I snuck up the mountain and did some snowshoeing before I had to head back home.

 Meghan and Ashley and I went snowshoeing and built snowmen and chopped wood on a fine April day.




May:

I moved out of one cozy apartment with a crazy landlord into a cozy apartment with a nice landlady. I only have photos of my old place, but I will remedy that in a future post about my new place. 
 Meghan and Ashley and I went puddle jumping. It was fun. 


 Meghan had a birthday! Yay! 

 June:

June was packed with hiking and photography adventures...and the shooting of guns. 

 Justin and I went over the mountain and found a neat tree and an old barn. 


 Justin shooting with his Mamiya film camera. 

 My gal pals and I went backpacking. 



 We played cards in the tent. Yes, they are Lisa Frank cards with rainbows and dolphins. 


 Meghan and Ashley take aim. 

My first time holding a hand gun.

Me and my dad enjoyed a hike and some frappuccino on Father's Day. 

July:
In July, Justin and I made a spontaneous trip to Colorado to go backpacking, and eat at my all-time favorite restaurant: Snooze. 

 Car troubles put us behind schedule, so we got a couple rooms and camped at the Marriott the first night. 

 Snooze! Best pancakes in the world!

 Backpacking in Estes Park. 



August:
Justin and I trekked to the Teton Mountains. We used only film cameras for the adventure. 

 Ahhh, camp coffee.

 Snake River Brewing...the best beer I've ever had. Hands down. 

 Cooking frozen waffles on the camp stove.

 Kayaking below the Tetons.

We met up for some disc golf with Justin's sister and her husband.

September:
We threw Justin a Star Wars birthday party. And, oh, Justin and I got engaged at 9,500 feet on top of Black Mountain. 




October: 
I turned a year older. Justin had a gallery showing of his photography. And we got outside a bit.

 Justin and his mom at the opening reception for his show. 

 Justin and fellow photographer Roger Appell. 

 A pretty walk. We went out to find fall colors and found snow instead. 


 We picked pumpkins! 


November:
My folks and Justin and I took a nice walk on Thanksgiving, and I sat on a hay bale. Justin got me flowers, as he often does because he is super swell like that.



December:
I baked gingerbread men to celebrate the six month mark until Justin and I's wedding. It was completely dorky, and I would definitely do it again. We got a Christmas tree in the mountains with my folks and spent a lovely Christmas day with Justin's family. What an incredible year! 
The wedding is June 14. Not too far away now!

No comments: